Subscriptions mean that as a small, locally-based business we can plan well in advance for orders, buying the right amount of stock, minimising waste and planning efficiently for Thursday collection slots.
HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE?
Please e-mail us on email@example.com or use the contact form on this website if you would like to subscribe.
WHAT IF I WANT TO SAMPLE THE BREAD BEFORE I SUBSCRIBE?
We occasionally offer free samples and free loaves. Follow us on Instagram (table_fable) and Facebook (Table Fable Bakery) to take advantage of these offers.
WHERE DO YOU DELIVER?
At the moment our collection point is The Fir Tree pub on Iffley, Thursday 4.30-6.30pm. Follow us on Facebook for updates.
We will be delivering to a new collection point in the centre of Oxford soon, so get in touch if you are interested.
We can only deliver for a minimum of 10 orders in the same area. For example, we could deliver to you and your neighbourhood or to your office as long as we are delivering 10 loaves in one go. So feel free to let your neighbours and colleagues know about our service to get your bread delivered to your door. We might also be able to arrange pick ups. Get in touch through the contact form for further information.
WHAT IF I FORGET TO COLLECT MY BREAD?
If you forget to collect your bread from The Fir Tree between 4.30-6.30pm then the bread will stay with the pub staff. We are unable to redeliver or go back to the pub to get your uncollected bread for you, and cannot offer a refund.
WHEN WILL MY SUBSCRIPTION START?
You can start your subscription at any time, but please order by Sunday the latest if you want to collect your bread the following Thursday. Get in touch to enquire.
WHEN SHOULD I RENEW?
Please renew 2 Thurdays before the end of your subscription to ensure we can offer you a subscription. We have limited subscription slot and a waiting list.
WHAT IF I’M AWAY ON HOLIDAY OR NEED TO MISS A COLLECTION DURING THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD?
That’s no problem. Simply let us know in advance – by noon on the Thursday before the slot you will miss – and we’ll amend your subscription. There will be 4-6 weeks across the year when the bakery is closed for holidays, too, and we’ll advise these dates well in advance.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
We try to be flexible, but since our subscription slots are limited and we need to plan our baking in advance, we have put into place some rules about cancellation and refunds. As explained above, if you are going to miss a delivery/collection, please let us know a week in advance (the Thursday before the delivery/collection you are going to miss).
See below for further info on cancellation and refunds.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY GIFT VOUCHERS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS?
Yes. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on this page to request a gift voucher.
HOW ECO-FRIENDLY IS THE BUSINESS?
Our main ingredients are sourced locally and our flour is bought from local producers and suppliers whenever possible. Seasonality is the guiding principle behind what we offer. Delivery is on foot or by bike. All food waste from the kitchen is composted, and our subscription model of ordering is designed to minimise waste.
General Terms & Conditions
* By confirming your subscription order or by booking a workshop (after having agreed on a date and fee/price either verbally or in writing) you are accepting our terms and conditions and making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.
* We reserve the right to update the prices on the Website, amend or withdraw the products and services that we offer without prior notice or explanation.
* Where we accept an order, we do all that we can to ensure that your order is fulfilled. Products are, however, subject to availability and market conditions and we do not always know if a Product is or will be available at the time of accepting an order. If we are unable to deliver an item you have ordered, we may offer a reasonable substitute. You may reject that substitute, and you will not be charged for it, or, if you have paid already, we will refund any amount paid for it. We will, however, bear no liability for unavailability of Products.
* All Products offered by us are subject to seasonal changes in supply levels and supply prices. If you are a ‘subscription’ customer the prices for certain Products may therefore differ from the price for those Products when first ordered by you. The prices for all Products ordered on a subscription basis shall be those prices for the Products stated on our Website. We recommend that you check the Website regularly.
* Ordering a Product from us carries with it the obligation to pay for it unless we receive from you a cancellation of or change to your orders before the deadlines published on the Website (see below for cancellation and refund policy). You remain responsible for ensuring that any such change or cancellation is not only transmitted by you, but received by us, in time for the deadline. We reserve the right to charge in full for any order unless we have received notice of cancellation before the published deadline. This deadline is important since, typically, we start working on the bread and obtain some of the Products especially to fulfil your order and may not be able to sell the Products elsewhere. Any payments you have made for orders which have been properly cancelled will be recredited to you.
* We will make delivery to the location stated on the website when you bought your subscription, where you will be able to collect your products. You are responsible for making suitable arrangements to collect the your products. In the event that your collection is stolen from the collection point or damaged while there, we do not accept liability, and will offer compensation at our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse to accept orders from any customer; considerations of delivery/collection problems may give rise to such a refusal. We endeavour to keep your collection day and location the same, but we reserve the right to change it temporarily or permanently and will tell you if we do so.
* If we are unable to deliver to your collection point, or have to deliver late, for reasons beyond our control, for example adverse weather conditions, strike actions, vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion or production failure, we cannot accept liability for any inconvenience or loss that this causes. We will not, of course, charge for Products unless or until we have provided them to you.
* Information about bread type and ingredients, updates on collection point, date and time or business closure will be posted on our Facebook page and e-mailed through our mailing list. It is your responsibility to read this information, and we do not accept liability nor provide refunds for any issues arising (e.g. missed collection) from you not having read the posts/e-mails.
* Allergen advice: Table Fable Bakery bread is made in a kitchen that also handles celery, cereals that contain gluten, crustaceans (including prawns, crabs and lobsters), eggs, fish, lupin, milk, molluscs, mustard, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, soybeans. All of our products are vegetarian. Other than that unfortunately we cannot cater to individual dietary needs, and we will not be liable for any allergic reactions you might have, neither can we refund any products you might not want because of dietary reasons (unless you make a cancellation following our terms and conditions). A full list of ingredients will be provided via email and Facebook on Wednesday for Thursday and it is your responsibility to read it. If you do have allergies please do mention it before you purchase our products and we will let you know if we are able to help.
* All loaves weigh 800g pre-bake. Loaves lose water during baking. The amount of lost water depends on the vessel in which they are baked. This means that post-bake weight can very and be between 630-750g. By starting a subscription you accept that your loaves might vary in weight as indicated above.
* If a Force Majeure event to which this clause applies does occur, we agree to notify you as soon as practicable. If the Force Majeure event continues for more than 14 calendar days, either party shall have the right to cancel the agreement. Where services have been paid for in advance but have not been rendered, you will be entitled to a full refund from the date of cancellation for all such services.
* As a consumer, you have the right to cancel a contract for the provision of goods or services at any time before 14 calendar days have passed from the day after the contract was made. Any such cancellations must be provided to us in writing. If we have already started fulfilling our side of the contract before you exercise your right to cancel, the right to cancel is lost.
* Should you request the provision of our services of goods before the cancellation period expires, you must pay for services provided even if the contract is later cancelled, as follows:
Bread subscriptions: all subscriptions need to be paid in full when contract is made. The cool off period ends when 14 calendar days have passed from the day after the contract was made. Should you want to cancel your subscription within the 14 day cool off period, we can only refund you for the loaves you haven’t received yet, provided that you notify us by noon on the Thursday before the loaf you want to cancel is due to be collected. No refunds will be given outside the 14 days cancellation period or if notice isn’t provided by noon on the Thursday before your cancelled loaf. Note that contract is made the moment you confirm what subscription you want, when you want to start the subscription and how much you will pay (being that in written form – e.g. e-mail, text etc – or verbally, legally no signature is required).
Workshops: all workshops need to be paid in full when contract is made. Should you want to cancel your workshop you can do so within the 14 day cool off period and a full refund will be given to you. No refunds will be given outside the 14 day cancellation period. If after the 14 days cool off period you have not paid for the workshop yet and decide to cancel, you will still be liable to pay for the workshop in full. If you require work to start during the 14 day cancellation period and then you decide to cancel, you will still be required to pay for the service provided during the 14 days cool off period as follows: if you haven’t paid for the workshop yet, you will have to pay 30% of the overall cost of the workshop; if you have already paid for the course in full then a refund will be provided for an amount equal to 70% of the overall cost. Finally, if you book the workshop for a specific time and day and that happens to be less than 14 days before the workshop date, no cool off period will apply and you must pay for the workshop in full even if you cancel. Confirming a date and fee for the workshop (either verbally or in writing) means making a contract (legally no signature is required).
* Our staff can run Community Baking workshops with people who are 18 years old or older. While our staff do not hold a DBS check or first aid certificate to work with children and vulnerable adults, we have run workshops with them when the client (charities/organisations that booked the workshop) have taken full responsibility for DBS check (simply by making sure our teachers are not lone-working) and first aid. We do hold public liability insurance.
* We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time by posting the updated Terms and conditions on our Website in place of these. The changes will apply to the use of our services. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions, you should not continue to order from Table Fable or use Table Fable services. If you continue to order from us or use our services after the date on which the change comes into effect, your orders or use of our services indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.